Exercise is more than a walk in the park
Exercise is more than a walk in the park.
text about how great it is to work out with your dog, learn new balance stuff and find new ways to incorporate all those things you learned in obedience, do all kinds of things that I can’t think of right now but will at some point before this is published.
Book an Initial Gym
Complete Initial Gym
We’ll discuss your goals, teach you how to use the equipment and introduce some basic exercises to get you started.
Identify the Best Options
Check out our gym options from one-time visits, complete fitness plans and monthly memberships.
Play Your Way to a Happy, Healthy Dog
Enjoy fun activities and exercises with your dog while she grows stronger.
Explore the best options for your dog
Required for all dogs. We'll introduce you and your dog to the fitness and conditioning equipment, it's applications, safety precautions and proper use. You’ll learn basic exercises for better strength, balance, flexibility and confidence. Available in 30 minute sessions.
A great alternative to outdoor activity or when you can’t keep up with your high-energy dog. We’ll introduce your dog to the moving belt, reduce your dog’s initial fear, teach you proper technique for mounting and dismounting, and safe use of the machine. Available in 30 minute sessions.
Join other dogs and their owners in the gym to work at your own pace. Our comprehensive selection of fitness and conditioning equipment is available for your use. Work on exercises your dog knows or try a new one. Available in 30 minute sessions.
Initial Fitness consult required.
Prefer to work with your dog without the distraction of other dogs? Reserve the gym for just you and your dog. Use the equipment or clear the room to play fetch. Enjoy some active time with your dog is a safe, comfortable space.
Initial Fitness consult required.
30-minute session – $25
60-minute session – $35
Additional dogs (up to 3), $10 ea.
PRIVATE FITNESS LESSON
Need some help working with your dog? Not sure which exercises are right for your dog? Schedule a private fitness training session and we'll teach you proper technique, safe use of the equipment and how to recognize when your dog is ready for another challenge. Available in 30 minute sessions.
Additional Dogs $10
If your dog needs additional cardio training (or just an energy outlet!), treadmill workouts are a great option. Our XL treadmill allows for walking, trotting, running and galloping for dogs of all sizes. Select from private or assisted sessions.
Initial Treadmill consult required.
Additional Dogs $10
Have a specific fitness goal in mind for your dog? Our Certified Canine Fitness Trainer (CCFT) will write a complete fitness plan covering strength, balance, flexibility, cardio and mental aspects to help you and your dog reach your goals.
ULTIMATE TURF MEMBERSHIP
Enjoy unlimited access to our gym and equipment during Open Gym periods for one low price.
Why spend $25-50 on a toy your dog may not play with? Select one puzzle or game from our library of popular enrichment activities and let your dog enjoy as long as she’d like. Return that toy for a different one. Activities for beginning to advanced learners.
Before they get in the gym
For the safety of all dogs visiting our facility, all dogs must be vaccinated or titered for rabies, distemper, hepatitis, parvo virus, parainfluenza (DA2P or DHPP). We also recommend bordetella (kennel cough) but it is not required. Discuss the risks with your veterinarian.
- Remember to sign in at the front desk so we know you’re here!
- Please do not enter the gym without permission.
- We are an on-leash facility, meaning dogs must be leashed at all times while in the gym unless you have speciﬁc permission otherwise.
- The gym equipment are not toys. Do not allow your dog to mouth or bite any equipment.
- Do not lift your dog or his limbs onto any equipment. Let him decide to participate or not.
- Be mindful of the space between your dog and others using the equipment.
- If your dog is cranky or has a lot of personality, please ask us for help.
- You are responsible for your dog and his behavior while in the gym, including your dog’s interaction with other dogs. Please pay attention to your dogs at all times.
- Please feed your dog several hours before fitness activities or after fitness activities.
- Please use solid training treats to work with your dog. No liquids or smearables like oils or peanut butter.
- All dogs must visit the relief area prior to entering the gym. No exceptions.
- If your dog has an accident, please clean it up with the towels and cleaning solution provided. Please take all solid waste outside (don’t put it in the inside trash cans). Please let us know if your dog has a loose stool or vomits so we can clean/disinfect immediately.
- Please do not allow your dog to mark the equipment, floors or walls of the gym.
- Repeated accidents or marking in the gym will result in a gym ban for your dog.
The gym is available on a first-come-first-served basis during open gym times. We will limit the number of dogs in the gym to 4-5, based on size and maturity/behavior.
- All children must be accompanied and controlled by an adult at all times.
- NO RUNNING BY HUMANS in the gym. Let your dogs do the running.
- No kids or adults on the equipment. Dogs only, please. These are not toys. We have a zero tolerance policy for this one.
Remember, you are completely responsible for the care, conduct and actions of your dog while they’re at the facility. Be a good advocate for them and only put them in situations they can handle.
Initial Fitness Session
Due to restrictions caused by Covid-19, we are only accepting clients whose dogs have mobility issues at this time. We are not accepting new clients for recreation-only services (fun swims/fun gyms). If you would like us to contact you when we are open for recreational activities, please complete the form below. Thank you for your understanding!
Help your dog maintain the balance, flexibility, strength and endurance to stay ready to go when you are. Whether he’s a canine athlete, star of the conformation ring or your hiking buddy, exercise and conditioning will make a difference in his quality of life.
Multiple dogs (up to 3) are welcome at the initial gym session. Additional per-dog rates apply. Puppies who are fully vaccinated (including rabies) are welcome to participate. All dogs must have proof of core vaccinations (DA2P or DHPP). Please bring those to your first visit.
Complete the form or give us a call at 520-448-3548 to schedule your dog’s initial fitness or treadmill session today!